Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle of man 2023/24
Thanks bud will check the dates out.

Dang. Wednesday to Friday!

So I'll either be a one or a zero I'm afraid.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(22 Nov 2022, 23:27)Rich Hanlon Wrote: Thanks bud will check the dates out.

Dang. Wednesday to Friday!

So I'll either be a one or a zero I'm afraid.

its Friday to Sunday?? 13th september is the friday

so a quick browse of the IOM-festival of motoring page and it seems the prices on the leaflet given to us at the NEC are the prices based on 2 people in a car but you have to pay per person.

So for the "Ramsey park hotel" in 2023 its total for 2 people and 3 nights is £569. for single rate its £370
its pretty cheap in comparison to my price taking a car to the southern 100 motorbike racing at £560 next year

its a weird way to lay it out but it states "all prices listed below are per person and based on 2 persons occupying a room and sharing a car" 

hopefully this clears it up for everyone  Big Grin

https://www.iomfm.com/2023-hotels-prices-packages
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
D'oh! Was looking at 2023! Sorry, need more coffee with it!

Yes you're right 13th-15th Spet 2024 is Fri-Sun. That makes things much more likely and plenty of time to save up.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Hi everyone, I was thinking maybe we can start planning for the IOM festival 2024 as the tickets are now available also dates for "the best of British" are the 20th to 22nd of september

So i've thought we could benefit from having someone come in a regular car, there are some brilliant pubs and restaurants located all over the island (The Creg-Ny-Baa is very good), there are plenty of decent places located in Ramsey (If we chose the hotel there) but obviously if for those who come fancy heading to Douglas, Castletown or Peel for drinks/food without driving then we could certainly benefit from it. plus in addition to that would be helpful to carry over merch and display pieces for when we have the car display on Douglas sea front.

In terms of who plans to come/ expressed interest so far:
Me & my dad
Rich Hanlon + 1
Rissy (+ 1?)

which would be more than enough D's especially if it convinces the 2 in the IOM to join us (not including SIJ) but if anyone else fancies coming then I'll add to the list.

In terms of the hotels the Ramsey park hotel is no longer available on the site so i'd suggest either the Sefton express hotel in Ballasalla or The Comis Hotel &
Golf Resort at Mount Murray.

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
#2307 would love to visit the IOM and bring the mrs and myself are also most interested!
(12 Mar 2023, 18:59)Darrere Wrote: #2307 would love to visit the IOM and bring the mrs and myself are also most interested!

it's a great place to go, with nice scenery and good nightlife.

this would bring the total to 4 cars

so I would think if the interest is still there from Rissy and Rich Hanlon we should look into what hotel we'd like because I'm guessing the hotels will start running out of space fairly soon if not already.

If it's the latter I can send an email to the organisers to see about getting in somewhere else but under the same package they offer for the main event hotels.

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
I think Chris W has to forward, or post a copy of the leaflet information on this event. My memory is letting me down now, and after reading about his concerns over the proposed costs, I'm now feeling a bit concerned about not being in a position to sensibly assess this event for the cost and the arrangements etc.

Can we have the leaflet post up here for all to see? Might get more interest from people if they can actually see what it is that is being proposed....
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(13 Mar 2023, 14:45)Rissy Wrote: I think Chris W has to forward, or post a copy of the leaflet information on this event.  My memory is letting me down now, and after reading about his concerns over the proposed costs, I'm now feeling a bit concerned about not being in a position to sensibly assess this event for the cost and the arrangements etc.

Can we have the leaflet post up here for all to see?  Might get more interest from people if they can actually see what it is that is being proposed....

good point, the web page is linked in a previous post but the info is a bit weirdly laid out.

Here's the link to the event page directly. info on what's offered in the price of the hotel is there if anyone wants to view it as it's the same as the leaflet that was handed out
https://www.iomfm.com/2024-best-of-british

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
That does look pretty good Will, yes, and I've never been (beyond being on board a boat moored in Douglas harbour!)

It'd be me and the younger lad most likely (none of this nightlife you mention for me!!)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I see what Chris W is saying about the prices. Somewhat confusing. All prices, EACH, but based on 2 persons occupying and sharing a car. What the hell does that mean? What do those prices represent exactly? I'm taking that the prices under the hotels are for two people sharing as it also gives a single "supplement", which i'm taking it means if you're on your tod you'll get a better rate.

Ideally, I think you'd need four nights in total to do the whole weekend, being there on time the day before, and enjoying the last full day before catching the ferry home on the Monday after its all done.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(13 Mar 2023, 23:58)Rissy Wrote: I see what Chris W is saying about the prices.  Somewhat confusing.  All prices, EACH, but based on 2 persons occupying and sharing a car.  What the hell does that mean?  What do those prices represent exactly?  I'm taking that the prices under the hotels are for two people sharing as it also gives a single "supplement", which i'm taking it means if you're on your tod you'll get a better rate.

Ideally, I think you'd need four nights in total to do the whole weekend, being there on time the day before, and enjoying the last full day before catching the ferry home on the Monday after its all done.

basically, the price main prices shown are for 2 people but cheaper for a single which is the single "supplement". bit of a weird way to list it really.

I would agree that either 3 or 4 nights would be enough as that's similar to what I do when going over for any motorbike racing.

just have to inquire if we plan to book "the Ramsey park" hotel as there are no prices listed, which is to be expected because its a very good hotel

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
We stopped at the Ramsey Park Hotel last time....it wasn't stupid money and many car clubs meet there ....
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I suppose I'll need to make a policy decision, I could do 4 nights if its just me but if I have the lad with me it'll only be 2.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126