Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle of man 2023/24
So for those of us at the NEC on the stand when we were approached by someone organising the isle of man festival of motoring? does anyone have a copy of the leaflet he left with us? so i can check all hotels and help sort the event out for those interested. 

I have checked out the hotels on offer for the 2023 run of the event and either the hotel in Ramsey or Ballasalla would be the recommended options since they have onsite parking and are easier to get to than those at Douglas as parking regulations on Douglas front are very unusual when I went earlier this year.

Also if we get a choice of either Liverpool or Heysham docks id highly recommend Heysham. it may be a little longer of a drive but its less of a hassle to get to as its out of the way of regular traffic and easy to load onto the ferry as the gradient of the ramp isn't as steep unlike Liverpool.

Im 100% up for a trip like this since we get so many perks like a closed run of the TT mountain road, access to both transport museums and our own spot for a stand.
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
It does sound good this one. I'm definitely interested in this for 2024. I had a leaflet in my hand on Saturday (I think it was Saturday), but I motioned to Chris W that I was leaving it with the stand rather than taking it away with me, so all being well, Chris W should have at least that one. There was more than one handed to us. Chris W also took the guys business card from him at the time too.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
(16 Nov 2022, 15:09)Rissy Wrote: It does sound good this one.  I'm definitely interested in this for 2024.  I had a leaflet in my hand on Saturday (I think it was Saturday), but I motioned to Chris W that I was leaving it with the stand rather than taking it away with me, so all being well, Chris W should have at least that one.  There was more than one handed to us.  Chris W also took the guys business card from him at the time too.

hopefully he can provide a photo here later on, i know he said about putting it into the magazine too for those of us who don't come on here very often.

just want to check the dates on it and be sure its 2024 cause im heading back to the IOM next June  Big Grin  for the southern 100 bike racing. i'll be able to check out the hotels too

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
(16 Nov 2022, 15:21)theningiachicken Wrote:
(16 Nov 2022, 15:09)Rissy Wrote: It does sound good this one.  I'm definitely interested in this for 2024.  I had a leaflet in my hand on Saturday (I think it was Saturday), but I motioned to Chris W that I was leaving it with the stand rather than taking it away with me, so all being well, Chris W should have at least that one.  There was more than one handed to us.  Chris W also took the guys business card from him at the time too.

hopefully he can provide a photo here later on, i know he said about putting it into the magazine too for those of us who don't come on here very often.

just want to check the dates on it and be sure its 2024 cause im heading back to the IOM next June  Big Grin  for the southern 100 bike racing. i'll be able to check out the hotels too

The discussion was definitely for 2024.  He said 2023 was already afoot in its organisation, but it was 2024 where they were having the British vehicles thing, which is where the interest in getting DeLoreans there originated.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):

I think the IOM is a lovely place, we have visited many times. Last time we stayed at a hotel in Ramsey...at lovely newish biggish place, just been revamped...Can't remember the name of it though.

The IOM Motor Muesum is a brilliant place owned by the Cunningham Family....formally living near London, when I sold them their RHD car many years ago.    (for president...read Secretary).
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(17 Nov 2022, 08:04)Chris P Wrote: (for president...read Secretary).

Yeah yeah Chris. Caught out red handed eh! Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Yehh, I have it and myself and Claire discussed it at length, I just couldn't get my head around the pricing. I know we haven't got the pricing for 2024 yet but looking at the leaflet we had. To take your car and one person inc hotel etc etc is £500 for arguments sake but for two it's double yet your taking up no more car space/ferry space and very little extra hotel space. I don't get why it's priced per person when your in a two person car! I know I'm tight fisted but doesn't make sense to me.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Ah, I thought I recognised Mr Cunningham, I always wondered what happened to them,
he had a beautiful Citroen DS19 Convertible that he used to bring to the Knebworth Car
Show each summer when his lad (Darren?) would drive the DeLorean.
I had no idea they'd gone to the IoM, and that he owns the museum!
And I spotted the Avantime too lol
And yes, I agree with Chris, the prices on the leaflet for next years events were eyewatering.
If Phill, I and our girls went in two cars, we'd be looking at the thick end of £1500, which
is more then our family holiday costs each year. Its just too expensive for us, and we'd
have to pass.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie

Aghhh I'd not looked at prices recently. We went for occasional long weekends mostly, and that was some time ago.  I bet their Citroen is istill n their collection.

They dont just own the Muesum...they built it, and contry to popular local belief, they did it all with their own money......no grants! Mind you, I seem to remember he was a builder.....he had a huge subterainian basement full of old cars at their place in London.

It doesn't seem that long ago I sold them the car!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Well its gotta be early 2000's, as they had SIJ1083 when I first got Flopsy in 2002.
Nice family, I seem to remember they were 'comfortably off' and knew about their
huge house in North London with the basement full of cars.
Wasn't Darren about 18 when he was driving the De?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
The museum is a pretty great place, i saw SIJ earlier this year when i went over. Had to advise on where to get replacement struts as they were very much dead when i got to look round it.

Its a nice run to get there too.

If the pricing is for 1 person per car it does seem a bit bizzare to be £500+ for a weekend. Id imagine it wouldn't hurt to confirm with them cause usually the ferry you pay per vehicle.

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
(22 Nov 2022, 15:49)theningiachicken Wrote: The museum is a pretty great place, i saw SIJ earlier this year when i went over. Had to advise on where to get replacement struts as they were very much dead when i got to look round it.

Its a nice run to get there too.

If the pricing is for 1 person per car it does seem a bit bizzare to be £500+ for a weekend. Id imagine it wouldn't hurt to confirm with them cause usually the ferry you pay per vehicle.

Ferry looks like £180-£240 return on its own (car with 2 adults). So the rest looks pretty reasonable - if it is per car....

If it were us it would just be me plus one, as I doubt we'd bring two cars over
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I will send an email to the organisers tomorrow morning and ask to clarify if the prices are per car (with 2 people) since i plan to come with my dad and Rich Hanlon im guessing your lad would come with you

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
(22 Nov 2022, 20:25)theningiachicken Wrote: I will send an email to the organisers tomorrow morning and ask to clarify if the prices are per car (with 2 people) since i plan to come with my dad and Rich Hanlon im guessing your lad would come with you

That's what I'm thinking at the moment yes. It still depends on dates - what did they propose? School are very reluctant to give time off unfortunately.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(22 Nov 2022, 20:39)Rich Hanlon Wrote:
(22 Nov 2022, 20:25)theningiachicken Wrote: I will send an email to the organisers tomorrow morning and ask to clarify if the prices are per car (with 2 people) since i plan to come with my dad and Rich Hanlon im guessing your lad would come with you

That's what I'm thinking at the moment yes. It still depends on dates - what did they propose? School are very reluctant to give time off unfortunately.

It says on the site for the 2024 event, 13th - 15th September

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk