Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tried 205/70 R14 on the front?
As above. 

BF Goodrich make a suitable rear tyre in their T/A Radial range with raised white lettering. Closest thing they're got for the front is 205/70 R14. I probably don't have to change my tyres for several years, so it's a bit academic, but curious if anyone has fitted a slightly larger tyre on the front and if it looks okay?
June '81 No. 1867
Probably would fit ok without fowling but would it make the steering even heavier being wider?
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(16 Oct 2023, 20:42)Chris Williams Wrote: Probably would fit ok without fowling but would it make the steering even heavier being wider?

In theory yes, but it should only be 1cm wider, so I doubt it would make a world of difference. Really, it's the side wall height I'm wondering about; it's a higher percentage of a larger number, but I don't know how noticeable the difference would be.
June '81 No. 1867
It really depends on ride height and suspension movement. What height are you running at right now. My car is quite low and the tyres miss everything ok. Not masses of margin. But ok. Couple that with any bounce round corners and that can tell a different story. If you’re suffering collapsed springs of any description, then it gets REAL close not even moving.

Take an assessment on your own car carefully, lock to lock, and look all round. Add 20% margin for bounce, then you’ll have your answer.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)