Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Breakdown - Advice / Solutions?
I was wondering if something like this might work. Plenty of options to configure it to your needs. Not sure where this, or any other cooler might go, i'll admit. It's got to be somewhere safe so that it cant be hit by debris and risk being ruptured, but at the same time, needs access to wind (unless you get a forced air flow unit with a fan, but then that's yet MORE electrics on your system.)

https://www.speedingparts.co.uk/p/fuelsy...gKFx_D_BwE
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Wow, plenty of stuff to think about there.  Thanks so much all for the ideas, I'll have to have a good play with my budget and see what I can get, and then have a bit of fun playing with fitting some stuff whilst in the 'overwintering off-road' mode this winter!!
:-D
the 'springzilla' will literally cost you pennies, and will stop the fuel hose
collapsing again in the future when the car/weather is warm.

Its 42yr old rubber, so will have gone soft with age. Its a common fault.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
It's funny because I changed out my tank pickup hose a few years ago for a new one from Ed. I kept the original one which got pulled out of the fuel tank at the time (and also had a coil loaded into it). I stuck it in a box, all jellied wobbly and soft (it's ok people, I've got experience handling such things). Fast forward a few years and the hose has gone back to looking like brand new again, so clearly it's being caused by sheer saturation of fuel contamination. I'll be interested to see if Ed's replacement goes the same way after a time. I've never checked on it since installing it when I changed out my fuel pump. I can't quite remember now, but I'm fairly certain (not 100%) I loaded Ed's hose with a spring coil made from welding wire before putting it in place, despite Ed saying it's not necessary with his replacement hose.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)