Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC Classic Car Show 2023 11-13 Nov 2023 & AGM
OK, first of all thanks for the offers and now the DOC weekend has been and gone ( and what a great weekend, thanks all) I'm just trying to put this together. 
Carpet and electrics are sorted as are all the H&S stuff, writers cramp (typo cramp) from all the risk assessment stuff.
I'm just trying to work out exact (subject to change) layout as it's a bit difficult due to electrical access channels and where they run, non the less we should have a roped off area (courtesy of Rich's barriers) there will be one car roped off so we can extend this for anything really. So if we could take advantage of Matt's suggestion re the uniforms on mannequin's that would be great. Unfortunately hire of equipment at the NEC is stupidly expensive like wise the TV playing historical stuff is a cracking idea, again though I do agree having an imac floating around is a bit iffy, perhaps a DVD or as suggested USB would be better.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I'm sure I could dig up a portable DVD player we have with its own screen, not sure if it outputs to a larger screen, never tried it!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Most modern TVs have a USB socket that you can play media from directly. If you've got one of those, you won't need a separate player...
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
i've secured a decent 32 inch tv for the show which should be suitable
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
(15 Oct 2023, 13:29)theningiachicken Wrote: i've secured a decent 32 inch tv for the show which should be suitable

Brilliant, Thanks
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just a quick heads up, the Club is in Hall 4 this year, stand 592.

Also, its worth booking your parking in advance, to save £5.00.
Regular parking charge on the day is an eyewatering £17.95, but
if you book in advance is a slightly less re-mortgage inducing £12.95.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Are there any club discount codes available? Parking or entrance?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(06 Nov 2023, 16:23)Chris P Wrote: Are there any club discount codes available? Parking or entrance?

Yes mate in the club mag! I have sent you a PM
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Chris...

I came across this photo recently....from 60 years ago, my very first restoration. Taken outside my parents pre-fab! Rolleyes ..the first of many.....many!!

I'm seem to be 'chasing my tail'....in all sorts of ways at the moment! For someone who is supposed to be retired, I never seem to have a spare minute.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I've been chasing my supposedly delivered mannequin all week with DPD and have finally had to give up - maybe next year

I've given Will some decent footage for the TV display at least - I think those films cost me more than the cast cost in the 90s - not much of a contribution but hope it helps
What mannequin is that Matt? I didn't know you had one?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Well technically at this point I merely have the receipt for one. Bought one to display one of the DMCL uniforms, with an eye to seeing if that worked out maybe could display two next year / some tools etc. I would really like to display more bits but the problem is where to store cabinets etc after the show, and hiring them is absolute moon money.

Do you guys need a hand on the stand on Sunday? I can come up for that. Might see how the trains look and come up that way.
Apologies for the delay on writing this, I've been laid up not very well for a few days, went ill on Sunday and got much, much worse. Anyway I would like to offer a huge thanks to everyone who attended/supplied cars/manned the stand/built & dismantled and the list goes on. It was a fantastic weekend with a superb display of vehicles and volunteers who helped to answer the many questions/sell from our little club shop Etc Etc. I'm really grateful for all the help (and offers of) for the weekend and hope that everyone will be as forthcoming again next year. Thanks again from everyone from the DOC.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Sorry to hear that you were poorly Chris....we all know its exhausting at the best of times.....I could only manage 3/4's of a day this time!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Glad you're on the mend now Chris, knew you were rough by Sunday and maxing out on the Lemsips! Hope your journey home was straightforward and that you managed to get everything packed away. I haven't unpacked my car yet!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126